Asparagus Bruschetta Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (8 ounces), cut into 12 slices and toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the asparagus; cover and boil for 2-4 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes, basil, onions, lime juice, oil, garlic, lime peel, salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, spoon asparagus mixture onto bread. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 243 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Bruschetta
"This was absolutely delicious. Made this for my sons Bday as an appetizer for chicken and Eggplant parm. The guests were mostly young men from 20-24. Couldn't believe how much they enjoyed this. This is a keeper"