Asparagus Bruschetta Recipe
For a light bite, Elaine Sweet created these pretty appetizers. “I really like asparagus, so I’m always trying it in different things,” says the Dallas, Texas reader. "This is a delicious twist on traditional bruschetta."
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (8 ounces), cut into 12 slices and toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the asparagus; cover and boil for 2-4 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes, basil, onions, lime juice, oil, garlic, lime peel, salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, spoon asparagus mixture onto bread. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 243 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Asparagus Bruschetta
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC