- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (8 ounces), cut into 12 slices and toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add the asparagus; cover and boil for 2-4 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, tomatoes, basil, onions, lime juice, oil, garlic, lime peel, salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, spoon asparagus mixture onto bread. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Bruschetta in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p13
Reviews for Asparagus Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2009
"This was absolutely delicious. Made this for my sons Bday as an appetizer for Chicken and Eggplant parm. The guests were mostly young men from 20-24. Couldn't believe how much they enjoyed this. This is a keeper"