Asparagus Brunch Pockets Recipe
These cute bundles are stuffed with a savory asparagust-cream cheese mixture. "They're wonderful for brunch or as a side dish," says Cynthia Linthicum from Towson, Maryland.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the pimientos, onion, salt and pepper.
- 3. Unroll crescent dough and separate into triangles; place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 4. Spoon 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture into the center of each triangle; top with asparagus. Top each with another teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture. Bring three corners of dough together and twist; pinch edges to seal.
- 5. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Brunch Pockets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC