"This rich soup is wonderful when fresh asparagus is in season," reports Melissa Petrek-Myer of Austin, Texas. "It's an elegant dish to serve company."
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 to 6 ounces Brie, rind removed
- In a large saucepan, saute asparagus in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Gradually add broth, cream and wine or additional broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a blender; cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan. Cube Brie and add to soup. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Brie Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p57
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus Brie Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review