Asparagus Brie Soup Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 to 6 ounces Brie, rind removed
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute asparagus in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Gradually add broth, cream and wine or additional broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 2. In a blender; cover and process soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan. Cube Brie and add to soup. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 567 calories, 53g fat (33g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1171mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein .
Reviews for Asparagus Brie Soup
"This recipe is the BOMB - super rich and beyond delicious!!!!!!! Low-cal it is NOT, but who cares - this soup is worth every calorie - LOVE IT!!!!!!!"
"I love this recipe and hadn't made it in years because transferring back and forth to the food processor created so much mess. I got an immersion blender for Christmas, and this soup is the first thing I thought of to use it for. Love it!"
"This is really pretty good soup. I love both brie and asparagus. It's a bit tricky to saute the asparagus until tender in the butter, but I think I'll get the hang of it. Thanks for a great soup!"
"It's been forever since I made this (it's from May/June 2000), but I still remember how rich and creamy and delicious it was. I lost it amidst all my Quick Cooking magazines, and just ran across it again today. I had marked it "YUM! Make this again!"Now I'm going to!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.