Filled with tasty ingredients like mushrooms, cheddar cheese and asparagus, this dish makes for hearty fare. You can prepare it the night before for a no-fuss breakfast, brunch of dish to pass.
Recommended: 50 Hearty Breakfast Casseroles
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut asparagus, thawed or 2 cups cut fresh asparagus, cooked
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 10 cups cubed reduced-calorie bread
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, egg substitute, mustard and basil. Gently stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Breakfast Strata in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p224
Reviews for Asparagus Breakfast Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review