- 1 pound beef tenderloin roast, cubed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry the beef, onion, salt and pepper in oil for 3-5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry asparagus and mushrooms in butter until asparagus is tender. Return beef mixture to the pan. Stir in soy sauce and lemon juice; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry
Sort By :
"Pretty great recipe. I added a bit of powdered garlic and used coconut oil for the asparagus-- it still came out delicious, but I'd opt for a different oil next time."
"It was a big hit with my grandkids!! This is a keeper!"
"My son's favourite stir fry....its a keeper."
"Excellent! We will definitely prepare this one again."
"grate some ginger root in there!"