In Plano, Texas, Kris Krueger creates these easy and elegant appetizers with asparagus spears, roast beef slices and a cream cheese-horseradish spread. "I make them for all of my parties and have received many recipe requests," she says. "They're a snap to assemble."
- 36 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 to 5 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) thinly sliced roast beef
- In a large skillet, bring 1-1/2 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and horseradish. Pat beef slices dry with paper towels. Spread each slice with a thin layer of cream cheese mixture; top with an asparagus spear. Roll up tightly. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Asparagus Beef Roll-Ups in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p8
Reviews for Asparagus Beef Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review