Asparagus Beef Lo Mein
This flavorful stir-fry is easy and relatively inexpensive. It's served over ramen noodles, which is a nice change from rice we usually have. To simplify preparation, I use store-bought garlic infused olive oil instead of minced garlic and olive oil.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) beef ramen noodles
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 5 minutes or
- until meat is no longer pink. Add the asparagus and garlic; stir-fry
- for 2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning
- from one ramen noodle seasoning packet; stir until dissolved. Add
- hoisin sauce; stir into the beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. (Discard remaining seasoning
- from opened packet.)
- In a large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil; add ramen
- noodles and contents of remaining seasoning packet. Cook for 3
- minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until noodles are
- tender. Serve with beef mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 400 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 1,141 mg sodium,