- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) beef ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Mix hoisin sauce and 1/4 cup water. Toss beef with 1/2 teaspoon seasoning from one ramen seasoning packet (discard remaining seasoning in the opened packet).
- In a saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil. Add noodles and contents of the second seasoning packet; cook, uncovered, 3 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until noodles are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry beef until browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, stir-fry asparagus with garlic in remaining oil over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, 1-3 minutes. Stir in hoisin sauce mixture; bring to a boil. Cook until slightly thickened. Stir in beef; heat through. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asparagus Beef Lo Mein
"Me and my husband liked it, but the kids thought the sauce on the mixture wasn't good (they are 3 and 7, so they have picky taste buds). I only used on pack of ramen, and that was plenty for us."
"quick and easy, will make again"
"This was an awesome dish hubby and kids loved it will definitely make again...butIt's not hard to understand ladies use 1/2 tsp of one packet then throw away....THEN...use the other packet for the rest of the recipe just read it carefully"
"My husband really likes this dish. I make it with brocolli and it turns out really good."
"I really liked this dish and will definitely make again. I served it with egg rolls."
"Whenever I fix Ramen soup, I only use about half of the seasoning packet because it's so full of salt. Try it, it's just fine without the whole packet."
" check out my reply to your query. I hope it helps"
"Excuse Me- a total of one whole packet (from the 2nd pkg) PLUS 1/2 tsp of the (1st) packet is used. Shirtail02 is MSG sensitive, so it's a real issue. Check out msgmyth.com, or look it up in wikipedia (online encyclopedia). As for shirtail02, try using Herb-Ox or Wyler's lower sodium beef bouillon- there's a lot of salt in this recipe too. You can always add a little at the table...Just my nickels worth (7 cents by the time you read this)."
"This would be great with something other than the packet from Ramen. There is a lot of MSG in that mix and it is extremely toxic for me."
"No, you started with two packets of noodles. You throw away the remaining seasoning from the first envelope, and use the second envelope's seasoning when cooking the two packets of noodles."