- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) beef ramen noodles
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in oil for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add the asparagus and garlic; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning from one ramen noodle seasoning packet; stir until dissolved. Add hoisin sauce; stir into the beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. (Discard remaining seasoning from opened packet.)
- In a large saucepan, bring remaining water to a boil; add ramen noodles and contents of remaining seasoning packet. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until noodles are tender. Serve with beef mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asparagus Beef Lo Mein
"Me and my husband liked it, but the kids thought the sauce on the mixture wasn't good (they are 3 and 7, so they have picky taste buds). I only used on pack of ramen, and that was plenty for us."
"quick and easy, will make again"
"This was an awesome dish hubby and kids loved it will definitely make again...butIt's not hard to understand ladies use 1/2 tsp of one packet then throw away....THEN...use the other packet for the rest of the recipe just read it carefully"
"My husband really likes this dish. I make it with brocolli and it turns out really good."
"I really liked this dish and will definitely make again. I served it with egg rolls."
"Whenever I fix Ramen soup, I only use about half of the seasoning packet because it's so full of salt. Try it, it's just fine without the whole packet."
" check out my reply to your query. I hope it helps"
"Excuse Me- a total of one whole packet (from the 2nd pkg) PLUS 1/2 tsp of the (1st) packet is used. Shirtail02 is MSG sensitive, so it's a real issue. Check out msgmyth.com, or look it up in wikipedia (online encyclopedia). As for shirtail02, try using Herb-Ox or Wyler's lower sodium beef bouillon- there's a lot of salt in this recipe too. You can always add a little at the table...Just my nickels worth (7 cents by the time you read this)."
"This would be great with something other than the packet from Ramen. There is a lot of MSG in that mix and it is extremely toxic for me."
"No, you started with two packets of noodles. You throw away the remaining seasoning from the first envelope, and use the second envelope's seasoning when cooking the two packets of noodles."