Asparagus Beef Cashew Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned 1 large carrot, cut into 2-1/2-inch strips
- 2-1/2 cups sliced cooked roast beef (2-1/2-inch strips)
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in soy sauce and sugar; set aside. In a wok or large skillet, heat oil; add garlic. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly browned; discard garlic.
- 2. Stir-fry the asparagus, onions, red pepper and carrot for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add roast beef heat through. Stir reserved sauce; add to the span. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without rice) equals 382 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 815 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.