Asparagus Bacon Quiche Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1. Line the unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer; remove from the oven and set aside.
- 2. Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain well. Arrange the bacon and asparagus in the crust.
- 3. In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream, 1/2 cup cheese, onions, sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 23-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 296 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Bacon Quiche
"So delicious! Even my picky son ate every bite! I added 2 extra slices of crumble bacon. I used the pre-cooked kind. It was so good! I will definitely add this to my list of favorites!"
"This was pretty good. I think I'd like swiss cheese better in it but it was good."
"I made this yummy quiche for our Sunday brunch this morning and everyone loved it! I will definitely be making it again!"
"I used broccoli instead of asparagus and it was amazing! Very yummy and will make again."
"I was unsure of how the parmesan would work in this quiche and it was AMAZING!! This will be a staple in our house!"
"This is one of my families favorites. This is great for those times when dinner is late and you don't want anything to heavy. The taste is wonderful."
"This was such a simple and delicious recipe! I'm planning on making this one again!"