This pretty blend of garden-fresh vegetables and zesty herb dressing tastes as good as it looks! By microwaving the asparagus a bit before adding the other veggies, Patricia Alderete of Lowell, Indiana keeps cool in the kitchen.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place asparagus and 2 tablespoons water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once; drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, mushrooms, avocado, zucchini, tomato and onion; toss gently. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Avocado Medley in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p56
Reviews for Asparagus Avocado Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2010
"this vegetable medley was very good made just like the receipe said. this is something u have to eat with in a few days or it gets soggy. but will make again."