Asparagus Appetizer Spread Recipe
The first time I made this spread was for a potluck get-together. It bought such great comments that I've been making it ever since. My husband and I have two children, 15 and 12. We live in a country home. Every year, we grow a garden, and we're both 4-H advisers.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Cool.
- 2. Puree asparagus until smooth. Add 1 cup sour cream and the cream cheese; blend well.
- 3. In a saucepan, combine gelatin and reserved liquid; heat slowly until the gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the asparagus mixture, ham, chives, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 1-qt. round-bottom bowl. Cover and chill until set, about 6 hours.
- 4. Unmold onto a plate and spread with reserved sour cream. Garnish with additional chopped ham and cooked asparagus if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 222 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Appetizer Spread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC