- 1 container (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, bacon and green onion. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin; spread tops with cream cheese mixture. Trim asparagus 2 in. longer than bread. Place two spears on each slice; roll up bread and place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asparagus Appetizer Roll-ups
"My family requests this dish on special occasions. The only thing different is that I steam the asparagus first. Yum!"
"I thought these were just ok. They weren't bad, they just weren't "wow" worthy."
"This is a great appetizer and very easy to make. I added a little Tabasco sauce to my filling, and it really gave it some zip!"
"Big hit, even those who don't care for asparagus loved the appetizer. Wonderful leftover as well!"
"I made these for Easter Lunch and they were a huge hit, even for those who are otherwise not to keen on asparagus! Don't skimp on the cream cheese spread and you won't be sorry.My only comment is that they need to be cooked for longer than 10-12 minutes to brown the Parmesan cheese. I found the time to be closer to 16-20 minutes in two different ovens. I don't want to shortchange the cooking of the asparagus, but might try also increasing the oven temp by 25 degrees (F) or so."
"Wonderful! Have made this numerous times. Try substituting chive/onion cream cheese."
"I try tomake something with Asparagus every year for Easter brunch. I made this and everyone loved it! The only drawback is that they will want it next year too and I won't be able to try something new!"
"Made this for a missions committee meeting - even people who are not big asparagus fans loved it! Easy & delicious!"
"Whenever we get invited out to a potluck gathering, this is one of my first choices to take and share with our friends."
"My family loved them and asked if I used a special artesian bread. Little did they know!"