Asparagus Appetizer Roll-ups
This is a wonderful warm appetizer for springtime entertaining. It's perfect for showers and also makes a tasty first course for Easter dinner.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 container (8 ounces) spreadable cream cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 12 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 24 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, bacon and green onion.
- Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin; spread tops with cream
- cheese mixture. Trim asparagus 2 in. longer than bread. Place two
- spears on each slice; roll up bread and place seam side down on a
- greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with Parmesan
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 1 dozen.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.