Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Crisp-tender asparagus is drizzled with lemon butter sauce and sprinkled with flavorful sun-dried tomatoes in this effortless, time-saving recipe.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the broth, oil,
- lemon peel and salt.
- Transfer asparagus to a serving platter; drizzle with butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with pepper; top with tomatoes and basil. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 95 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium,