Asparagus and Red Pepper Frittata Recipe
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 10 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1. Place asparagus on an ungreased baking sheet; drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; set aside. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-in. ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and press down lightly. Cook, uncovered, for 6-7 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Drizzle with remaining oil; turn over.
- 3. Pour egg mixture over potatoes. Cover and cook for 9-11 minutes or until nearly set. Arrange asparagus and red pepper over top. Sprinkle with basil and pepper Jack cheese.
- 4. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 wedge: 371 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 370mg cholesterol, 692mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Asparagus and Red Pepper Frittata
"My family and friends loved it! The pepper jack cheese makes it special!"