What tastier way to start a morning? This frittata is enriched with asparagus, potatoes, peppers, herbs and a wonderful blend of cheeses. Serve with a side of seasonal fruit. —Toni Donahue, Westerville, Ohio
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 10 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Place asparagus on an ungreased baking sheet; drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until tender, stirring once.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; set aside. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-in. ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and press down lightly. Cook, uncovered, for 6-7 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Drizzle with remaining oil; turn over.
- Pour egg mixture over potatoes. Cover and cook for 9-11 minutes or until nearly set. Arrange asparagus and red pepper over top. Sprinkle with basil and pepper Jack cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus and Red Pepper Frittata in Country Woman April/May 2012
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus and Red Pepper Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2012
"My family and friends loved it! The pepper jack cheese makes it special!"