- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute asparagus and mushrooms in butter and oil until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus and Mushrooms in Lemon-Thyme Butter
"I'm not a big veggie lover so I'm always looking for recipes that will help me enjoy them. This is one of the most delicious asparagus recipes I've tried. We loved it. The thyme and lemon really make the dish."
"He loves asparagus. I do NOT. I call it "spare a gut". However, we both loved this recipe. I MAY have been converted but only when prepared this way. The seasoning does it."
"I cooked this over medium-high heat and the mushrooms browned beautifully making a lot more attractive dish than the one pictured and the flavor withthe thyme and lemon was awesome. This would make a great side dish for just about any grilled protein."
"Really good taste. My husband raved and he is not a fan of asparagus."