- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute asparagus and mushrooms in butter and oil until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus and Mushrooms in Lemon-Thyme Butter
Sort By :
He loves asparagus. I do NOT. I call it "spare a gut". However, we both loved this recipe. I MAY have been converted but only when prepared this way. The seasoning does it.
I cooked this over medium-high heat and the mushrooms browned beautifully making a lot more attractive dish than the one pictured and the flavor withthe thyme and lemon was awesome. This would make a great side dish for just about any grilled protein.
Really good taste. My husband raved and he is not a fan of asparagus.