Asparagus and Mushrooms in Lemon-Thyme Butter Recipe
Out of thyme? No worries, the beauty of this dish is in its versatility. Try using another herb instead. —Sarah Reid, Oshawa, Ontario
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and mushrooms in butter and oil until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 64 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC