Out of thyme? No worries, the beauty of this dish is in its versatility. Try using another herb instead. —Sarah Reid, Oshawa, Ontario
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute asparagus and mushrooms in butter and oil until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus and Mushrooms in Lemon-Thyme Butter in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p55
Reviews for Asparagus and Mushrooms in Lemon-Thyme Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review