- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup julienned zucchini
- 1/3 cup julienned carrot
- 2/3 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- Pour broth into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the mushrooms, zucchini and carrot; saute 3-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add asparagus and basil; cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 5-7 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- In a small serving bowl, combine the rice, asparagus mixture, cheese and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Rice Medley in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p66
Reviews for Asparagus and Mushroom Rice Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review