Asparagus and Ham Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well.
- 2. In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the asparagus, ham, rice, celery and lemon-pepper; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine soup and broth; add cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Pour over ham mixture.
- 3. Combine crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 268 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1113mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus and Ham Casserole
"I made this dish for a visiting minister and my Pastor's family and they loved it. Served with 'Mom's Buttermilk Biscuits' and a rhubarb crisp. The minister thank me several times for this meal. Made this for my husband and will will definitely have this again!"
"I would make this again, however, I'd use low sodium soup and broth cause it seemed a bit too salty. Otherwise my family enjoyed it."
"I had potatoes to use up, so I replaced almost 3 cups of cooked cubed potatoes for the cooked rice, and it turned out great :) The combination of the asparagus and the ham makes it very flavorful!"
"THIS WOULD BE GOOD TO MAKE WHEN DENNY AND ANN ARE HERE. COULD BE MADE AHEAD."