Asparagus and Ham Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well.
- In a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the asparagus, ham, rice, celery and lemon-pepper; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine soup and broth; add cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Pour over ham mixture.
- Combine crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus and Ham Casserole
Sort By :
"I would make this again, however, I'd use low sodium soup and broth cause it seemed a bit too salty. Otherwise my family enjoyed it."
"This was a great recipe and easy to make. However, the next time I make it I will add more ham to the casserole or use a little less rice. Had it for dinner as a leftover a few nights ago and it was even more tasty. Will definitely make this again."
"I had potatoes to use up, so I replaced almost 3 cups of cooked cubed potatoes for the cooked rice, and it turned out great :) The combination of the asparagus and the ham makes it very flavorful!"
"THIS WOULD BE GOOD TO MAKE WHEN DENNY AND ANN ARE HERE. COULD BE MADE AHEAD."