Asparagus and Green Beans with Tarragon Lemon Dip Recipe
Tarragon balances the tangy flavor from lemon in the creamy sauce covering colorful asparagus and green beans. I serve this as a side dish as well as an appetizer. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a Dutch oven; add asparagus and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain vegetables; transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with dip. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving equals 183 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC