Tarragon balances the tangy flavor from lemon in the creamy sauce covering colorful asparagus and green beans. I serve this as a side dish as well as an appetizer. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Dash pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a Dutch oven; add asparagus and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain vegetables; transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with dip. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus and Green Beans with Tarragon Lemon Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p125
Reviews for Asparagus and Green Beans with Tarragon Lemon Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 26, 2014
"Super easy and yummy!"
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2012
"This was DE-licious! Will definitely make it again and again."