- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Dash pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a Dutch oven; add asparagus and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain vegetables; transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with dip. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus and Green Beans with Tarragon Lemon Dip
"First, I cut this recipe in half, and only used green beans, not asparagus (we aren't fans). I had to cook the green beans a bit longer than was suggested, but that could just be personal preference. I also used fresh squeezed lemon juice (from the lemon I grated). I think the dish was great, but next time I might back off a bit on the lemon. It was just slightly too much lemon (again, personal preference). This was a great side dish, and I paired it with a meatloaf. The tarragon dip was so good, we even put it on some of the meatloaf."
"Super easy and yummy!"
"This was DE-licious! Will definitely make it again and again."