- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Dash pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a Dutch oven; add asparagus and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drain vegetables; transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with dip. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus and Green Beans with Tarragon Lemon Dip
"I happened to have some leftover fresh tarragon and parsley looking for a dish to enhance. I also used only green beans and cut the recipe in half. I had no fresh lemon, so I used some lemon pepper, omitting the fresh pepper called for. The dressing seemed a bit too thick to spread over 1.5 # of green beans so I thinned it out a bit with some leftover chicken broth. This dish had good, somewhat sophisticated flavor. My husband and grown son also enjoyed it. Not absolutely sure young children could wrap their palates around this one but adults definitely would. I will add asparagus next time! Thanks Bonnie!"
"First, I cut this recipe in half, and only used green beans, not asparagus (we aren't fans). I had to cook the green beans a bit longer than was suggested, but that could just be personal preference. I also used fresh squeezed lemon juice (from the lemon I grated). I think the dish was great, but next time I might back off a bit on the lemon. It was just slightly too much lemon (again, personal preference). This was a great side dish, and I paired it with a meatloaf. The tarragon dip was so good, we even put it on some of the meatloaf."
"Super easy and yummy!"
"This was DE-licious! Will definitely make it again and again."