Asparagus and Black Bean Salad Recipe
Parsley makes its presence known in this unusual medley tossed with a lime dressing. The salad is delicious and attractive with the red and green colors. —Iola Egle, Bella Vista, Arkansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:20 servings
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large serving bowl, combine the asparagus, beans, red pepper, onion and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 20 servings.
1/2 cup equals 69 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC