- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover; steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Immediately rinse in cold water. Place asparagus and green onions in a bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus 'n' Vinaigrette
Sort By :
"I did change a couple things, because of the ingredients I had on hand (rice vinegar for red wine vinegar, Worcester sauce for soy, and yellow onions) but it was still delicious! It had a very refreshing flavor, and it was nice to do something different than the standard steamed or roasted asparagus."
"I love this recipe! The flavors are outstanding! I had been following a low sugar diet for several months and I was looking for some variety when I found this recipe. I will be making this recipe on a weekly basis."