Asparagus 'n' Vinaigrette Recipe
"Living in the Midwest, we anticipate spring treats like fresh asparagus all winter long," affirms Mickey Kelly, Burnsville, Minnesota. "Our three small children can't help but snitch a taste when this dish is chilling in the fridge. I use the vinaigrette dressing on salads, sliced tomatoes and other steamed vegetables as well."
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover; steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Immediately rinse in cold water. Place asparagus and green onions in a bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus 'n' Vinaigrette in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p52
Reviews for Asparagus 'n' Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2011
"I love this recipe! The flavors are outstanding! I had been following a low sugar diet for several months and I was looking for some variety when I found this recipe. I will be making this recipe on a weekly basis."