Asparagus 'n' Shrimp with Angel Hair Recipe
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper flakes. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry until pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove; keep warm.
- 2. In same skillet, stir-fry the next five ingredients in remaining oil until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add wine and seasonings. Return shrimp to pan.
- 3. Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss gently. Cook and stir until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cup: 488 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Asparagus 'n' Shrimp with Angel Hair
"Great recipe! I doubled it for the most part to get rid of everything. Followed as directed, except forgot the parmesan cheese and had to use some asparagus that I froze."
"Loved it! Had to double it wasn't enough."
"I love it and so has anyone I made it for.!"
"Very good, used leftover turkey in place of the shrimp - -Loved it!!! Doubled it, still didn't make very much"
"I love this recipe, increased the amount of asparagus and shrimp, and cut the mushrooms into quarters rather than slices, also added zucchini and red peppers slices.left out the tomatoes, had none, but will tryit the next time. I've made this several times and will keep making it, thanks for the recipe."
"I just loved this meal, I used linguini instead, also only had cooked shrimp, so I added them in the end with the cooked pasta and heated for 1 or 2 min. turned out wonderful.thanks for the great recipe, I'm looking forward to making it again."
"I have made this recipe many times and love it! I add more shrimp and asparagus since I have a garden full of asparagus."
"Delicious and easy"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.