“We’ve all heard that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so when I plan a romantic dinner, this is one dish I like to serve,” says Shari Neff of Takoma Park, Maryland. “It’s easy on the budget and turns out perfectly for two.”
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled tomato
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each minced fresh basil, oregano, parsley and thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper flakes. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok; stir-fry shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the asparagus, mushrooms, tomato, garlic and onion in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add wine or broth, basil, oregano, parsley and thyme.
- Return shrimp to the pan. Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss gently. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus 'n' Shrimp with Angel Hair in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p10
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus 'n' Shrimp with Angel Hair
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review