Asparagus 'n' Shrimp with Angel Hair Recipe
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 8 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled tomato
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each minced fresh basil, oregano, parsley and thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper flakes. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok; stir-fry shrimp for 2-3 minutes or until pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry the asparagus, mushrooms, tomato, garlic and onion in remaining oil for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add wine or broth, basil, oregano, parsley and thyme.
- Return shrimp to the pan. Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss gently. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus 'n' Shrimp with Angel Hair
Sort By :
I love it and so has anyone I made it for.!
Very good, used leftover turkey in place of the shrimp - -Loved it!!! Doubled it, still didn't make very much
I love this recipe, increased the amount of asparagus and shrimp, and cut the mushrooms into quarters rather than slices, also added zucchini and red peppers slices.
left out the tomatoes, had none, but will try
it the next time. I've made this several times and will keep making it, thanks for the recipe.
I just loved this meal, I used linguini instead, also only had cooked shrimp, so I added them in the end with the cooked pasta and heated for 1 or 2 min. turned out wonderful.
thanks for the great recipe, I'm looking forward to making it again.
I have made this recipe many times and love it! I add more shrimp and asparagus since I have a garden full of asparagus.