Asparagus, Mushrooms and Peas Recipe
Crisp-tender vegetables are tossed in a tangy dressing that has just a hint of sweetness from maple syrup. The fresh, spring medley compliments any meat entree.—Kristy Williams, Wembley, Alberta
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, mushrooms and peas in oil until tender. Add the vinegar, syrup and dill; heat through. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 95 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC