- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Spread rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add the broth and mushrooms; dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Arrange chicken in center of dish; sprinkle with onion soup mix. Spoon mushroom soup over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Arrange asparagus around edges of dish. Melt remaining butter; brush over asparagus and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until asparagus is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus, Chicken, Wild Rice Casserole
"Very good weeknight dinner recipe, and very easy. I made it exactly how the recipe says to, and it turned out delicious."
"Love this!! I however did modify this recipe a little bit...instead of regular rice I used the new Minute Rice multi-grain medly ( which is a mixture of brown rice, red rice , wild rice and quinoa) I used one package which is one cup of rice....I only dotted it with a few dots of butter , I didn't have mushrooms but I had a big portabella which I diced up and only used 1 tablespoon of onion soup. I added a bit of milk to my soup to make it creamy and I cut up my asparagus and sauted it in the butter for a little while . also I used chicken tenders instead of big chicken breasts, I think they cook faster and so does the instant rice...turned out beautiful...my husband said it was the best casserole he's ever had! Oh I also sprinkled a a little pepper and garlic powder in with my soup. Wonderful!!!"
"I cooked this recipe for the first time for myself and my son and we loved it! Next time I cook it i wont put as much onion soup mix. Other than that it was yummy."
"We just loved it. Will make again."
"Very tasty. I only dotted 1 Tblsp of butter in the rice and 2 1/2 Tblsp of butter on the asparagus after reading the reviews about too much butter. These amounts worked fine. Only downside was that my wild rice came out crunchy. Will try par boiling the wild rice next time."
"This is one of my family's favorite recipes. Even the kids love it and it's so easy!"
"This was delicious!"
"Just like mrswoods05's niece and nephew said, this was really tasty! :D"
"Overall this recipe was really good. I sort of guessed on the rice and bought a box of uncle Ben's, it wasn't exactly a cup and I should adjusted the chicken broth. I felt like there was too much butter also. I added some jarred garlic to the chicken broth, thought it was a tasty addition. Will use more asparagus next time."