Asparagus, Chicken, Wild Rice Casserole
I found this recipe several years ago while looking for something unusual but simple I could prepare for company. I could prepare for company. It's a dish that I've served many times since thenwith a salad and rolls, it makes a complete meal.
My husband and I both grew up in the country. We're living in a suburb of a big city now, but we hope to move to a rural area. Meanwhile, two small
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Spread rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add the broth
- and mushrooms; dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Arrange chicken in
- center of dish; sprinkle with onion soup mix. Spoon mushroom soup
- over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Arrange asparagus around
- edges of dish. Melt remaining butter; brush over asparagus and
- sprinkle with paprika. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until asparagus
- is tender. Yield: 6 servings.