- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Spread rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add the broth and mushrooms; dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Arrange chicken in center of dish; sprinkle with onion soup mix. Spoon mushroom soup over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Arrange asparagus around edges of dish. Melt remaining butter; brush over asparagus and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until asparagus is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus, Chicken, Wild Rice Casserole
"Very good weeknight dinner recipe, and very easy. I made it exactly how the recipe says to, and it turned out delicious."
"Love this!! I however did modify this recipe a little bit...instead of regular rice I used the new Minute Rice multi-grain medly ( which is a mixture of brown rice, red rice , wild rice and quinoa) I used one package which is one cup of rice....I only dotted it with a few dots of butter , I didn't have mushrooms but I had a big portabella which I diced up and only used 1 tablespoon of onion soup. I added a bit of milk to my soup to make it creamy and I cut up my asparagus and sauted it in the butter for a little while . also I used chicken tenders instead of big chicken breasts, I think they cook faster and so does the instant rice...turned out beautiful...my husband said it was the best casserole he's ever had! Oh I also sprinkled a a little pepper and garlic powder in with my soup. Wonderful!!!"
"This is an old old recipe: used 3 tbsp. butter (total) and additional 1/3 c water (I always use 3 tb sour cream and 2 tb water, An e xcellent recipe! I also vary from cream of mushroom soup to cream of chicken soup!--both very good."
"I cooked this recipe for the first time for myself and my son and we loved it! Next time I cook it i wont put as much onion soup mix. Other than that it was yummy."
"We just loved it. Will make again."