Asparagus, Chicken, Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Spread rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add the broth and mushrooms; dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Arrange chicken in center of dish; sprinkle with onion soup mix. Spoon mushroom soup over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Arrange asparagus around edges of dish. Melt remaining butter; brush over asparagus and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until asparagus is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus, Chicken, Wild Rice Casserole(11)
Sort By :
I cooked this recipe for the first time for myself and my son and we loved it! Next time I cook it i wont put as much onion soup mix. Other than that it was yummy.
We just loved it. Will make again.
Very tasty. I only dotted 1 Tblsp of butter in the rice and 2 1/2 Tblsp of butter on the asparagus after reading the reviews about too much butter. These amounts worked fine. Only downside was that my wild rice came out crunchy. Will try par boiling the wild rice next time.
This is one of my family's favorite recipes. Even the kids love it and it's so easy!
This was delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Chicken and Rice Casserole >
- Chicken Asparagus Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >