Asparagus, Brie & Parma Ham Crostini Recipe
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 thin slices prosciutto (Parma ham) or deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 12 slices
- 1. Cut asparagus tips into 2-in. lengths. (Discard stalks or save for another use.) Place asparagus tips in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan lined with foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Brush baguette slices on both sides with remaining oil. Place on a baking sheet. Broil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- 3. Top each slice with asparagus, prosciutto and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 piece equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus, Brie & Parma Ham Crostini
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer