Asparagus, Brie & Parma Ham Crostini Recipe
This special, filling appetizer is perfect to serve guests. The combination of crisp bread, melted cheese and asparagus is out of this world. —Karla Johnson, East Helena, Montana
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 3 thin slices prosciutto (Parma ham) or deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 12 slices
- 1. Cut asparagus tips into 2-in. lengths. (Discard stalks or save for another use.) Place asparagus tips in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan lined with foil. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Brush baguette slices on both sides with remaining oil. Place on a baking sheet. Broil for 1-2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- 3. Top each slice with asparagus, prosciutto and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 91 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus, Brie & Parma Ham Crostini
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC