Asparagus, Bacon & Herbed Cheese Pizza
A zesty pizza that’s especially nice with spring asparagus but lovely all year round when you add mozzarella and bacon. — Dahlia Abrams, Detroit, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2-1/4 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza
- pan or baking sheet; brush top with 4 teaspoons oil. Top with
- mozzarella cheese, asparagus and bacon. Drop spreadable cheese by
- teaspoonfuls over pizza. Sprinkle with pepper flakes; drizzle with
- remaining oil.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 407 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 748 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red