- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2-1/4 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet; brush top with 4 teaspoons oil. Top with mozzarella cheese, asparagus and bacon. Drop spreadable cheese by teaspoonfuls over pizza. Sprinkle with pepper flakes; drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Asparagus, Bacon & Herbed Cheese Pizza
Sort By :
In my family, anything with bacon is automatically good! We didn't have spreadable cheese, but a few teaspoons of crumbled bleu cheese added plenty of flavor. I was afraid that the asparagus wouldn't be tender with such short cooking time, but it was just fine. This is a nice twist to pizza that is quick, easy, and delicious.
Fixed this tonight for the first time and it "will not" be the last. Hubby an I enjoyed this very much. Thanks for a great pizza.
My family really liked this! Pretty quick to make, too!
wowweeee wow wow!! my husband, son, and I are head over heels for this pizza! I found a recipe online for garlic-herb cheese spread at http://old.post-gazette.com/food/20011018autumna.asp The end result was absolutely scrumptious! I'm forwarding it to friends!
Oh my goodness - this is so delicious. I lightened it up with a little less olive oil & center cut bacon. I also subbed Hidden Valley Garlic Parmesan spread for the Garlic Herb spread. This recipe is definitely a keeper in my house!!