A zesty pizza that’s especially nice with spring asparagus but lovely all year round when you add mozzarella and bacon. — Dahlia Abrams, Detroit, Michigan
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2-1/4 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet; brush top with 4 teaspoons oil. Top with mozzarella cheese, asparagus and bacon. Drop spreadable cheese by teaspoonfuls over pizza. Sprinkle with pepper flakes; drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus, Bacon & Herbed Cheese Pizza in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Asparagus, Bacon & Herbed Cheese Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review