Asparagus, Apple and Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 2 cups torn mixed greens
- 1. Place asparagus in a small saucepan and cover with 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken, apple and asparagus; toss to coat. Serve over greens. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup equals 214 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus, Apple and Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.