Asparagus, Apple and Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 2 cups torn mixed greens
- 1. Place asparagus in a small saucepan and cover with 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken, apple and asparagus; toss to coat. Serve over greens. Yield: 3 servings.
1 cup: 214 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus, Apple and Chicken Salad
"This is basically a lettuce salad with fresh asparagus and apples, and chicken (I used ham). The dressing had very little flavor, you could barely taste it even with enough on. It's a waste of time unless you absolutely love asparagus, apples and chicken. I would not make this again, or the salad dressing."
"WOW! This is scrumptious!I'm on my way out the door to my monthly Cooking Club gathering. I hope I don't eat all the salad before I get there. (i've been sampling...LOL)This month our club's theme is "Apple Recipes". I usually make the dessert, but, this month i'm venturing out to a salad. I'm really glad I did. :)"
"For my daughter's "April Showers" themed baby shower, I made this salad for the luncheon, and used the Umbrella salad idea in this issue to make the umbrellas out of flour tortillas with red pepper handles. The salad is simple to prepare, very colorful and absolutely delicious! Plus, the umbrellas were too cute! Got lots of rave reviews on the salad - it was a definite success.Carole Huxman Topeka, Kansas"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.