This cool, colorful salad is a palate-pleaser. Apples and asparagus seem an unlikely match, but they form a terrific trio with chicken. I make this salad quite often while asparagus is in season. — Nancy Horsburgh, Everett, Ontario
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced apple
- 2 cups torn mixed greens
- Place asparagus in a small saucepan and cover with 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir in the chicken, apple and asparagus; toss to coat. Serve over greens. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus, Apple and Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p25
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asparagus, Apple and Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review