- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels, toasted, optional
- Place the asparagus and zucchini in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2 minutes. Rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, zucchini, tomatoes, onions and parsley.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, seasoned salt and mustard; pour over asparagus mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and sunflower kernels if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus & Tomato Salad
Sort By :
Delicious! We loved this salad. One word of warning, leftovers don't keep well so only make what you can finish.
Salads are something that have to be outstanding to appeal to picky ol' me...and this one certainly does. Though I'm always trying salad recipes, the file I have of ones that made the "outstanding" grade is pretty small. I used a huge clove of garlic in the dressing, and absolutely loved the garlicky goodness that permeated the dish. This is so different from the typical lettuce based salad......delicious and flavorful and wonderful!
New "favorite" salad at our house.
I saw this prepared at one of the Taste Of Home Cooking Schools and went out and bought the ingredients right afterwards. It is soooo good!