This colorful, light salad was a hit at our church’s cooking club. It’s easy to assemble and delicious, too. —Dorothy Buhr, Ogden, Illinois
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels, toasted, optional
- Place the asparagus and zucchini in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2 minutes. Rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, zucchini, tomatoes, onions and parsley.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, seasoned salt and mustard; pour over asparagus mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and sunflower kernels if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Tomato Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p41
Reviews for Asparagus & Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review