Perfect for when you're expecting a large number of guests for dinner, this salad boasts springtime flavors. It's usually the first empty bowl at a potluck.
Recommended: Spring-ish Recipes to Make In April
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, cut into thirds
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta or Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup glazed walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
- In a Dutch oven, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus in batches; cook, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. In a large bowl, combine asparagus, tomatoes, snap peas, red pepper and onion. Drizzle dressing over asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, stir in cheese, walnuts and cherries. Yield: 14 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Asparagus & Snap Pea Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Asparagus & Snap Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2016
"Loved this - didn't like the mustard taste in the dressing though."