Asparagus & Pear Salad Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons prepared honey Dijon salad dressing
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry; cut into 1/2-in. pieces and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine pear and lemon juice. Add the onions, walnuts and reserved asparagus; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Arrange lettuce on four salad plates; top with asparagus mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup with 2 lettuce leaves equals 128 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.