I look forward to the fresh asparagus my husband grows in his garden and this salad is the perfect opportunity to use it. It makes a pretty presentation served over lettuce. —Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 large pear, sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons prepared honey Dijon salad dressing
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry; cut into 1/2-in. pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pear and lemon juice. Add the onions, walnuts and reserved asparagus; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Arrange lettuce on four salad plates; top with asparagus mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus & Pear Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p62
Reviews for Asparagus & Pear Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review