My mom loves quiche, so for Mother's Day one year I created my own quiche recipe for her. I've been making it ever since. All it takes is a trip to the farmers market. If you have the ingredients, make the crust from scratch. —Yanique Douglas, Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 medium ears sweet corn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp white or yellow cheddar cheese
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or just until tender. Stir in salt and cayenne; remove from heat.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream and cornstarch until blended. Using a large-hole grater, remove corn from cobs; add to egg mixture. Stir in cheese.
- Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Add asparagus mixture; pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus & Corn Quiche in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus & Corn Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2014