This rich and creamy frittata begins in the skillet and ends in the oven. We like this melty, cheesy happiness with salad on the side. —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Recommended: 26 Ways to Eat Asparagus This Spring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in bread cubes.
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; pour in egg mixture. Cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until nearly set. Sprinkle with Gruyere cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus & Cheese Frittata in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016