This rich and creamy frittata begins in the skillet and ends in the oven. We like this melty, cheesy happiness with salad on the side. —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended; stir in bread cubes.
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and onion; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; pour in egg mixture. Cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until nearly set. Sprinkle with Gruyere cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus & Cheese Frittata in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Reviews for Asparagus & Cheese Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2016
"Easy and very tasty. We really liked this with the bread in it."