Asian Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
Here's a fun way to jazz up wild rice. Soy sauce and chicken bouillon add plenty of flavor, while celery, mushrooms and water chestnuts help dress it up. "My husband and two adult children love this delicious side dish," comments Joyce Bodle, Enumclaw, Washington. "It's convenient, too, because you can make it a day ahead."
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- Combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and bouillon until blended. In a nonstick skillet, saute the celery, onion and mushrooms in oil for 8 minutes. Add cabbage and saute for 2-3 minutes longer or until cabbage is just crisp-tender; stir in water chestnuts.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rice.
- Pour into an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings, 3/4 per serving.
Originally published as Wild Rice Casserole in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p23
Reviews for Asian Wild Rice Casserole(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011
We have it twice a month. We use differant colored cabbage.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Side Dishes >
- Asian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >