Asian Veggie Gelatin Recipe
While trying the offerings at a salad potluck, I was excited to sample this refreshing dish. It's a nice change from sweeter gelatin salads. The “secret ingredient” is soy sauce.
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced water chestnuts, halved
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the cold water, soy sauce and lemon juice. Add the bean sprouts, celery, carrots, water chestnuts and onion; mix well.
- 2. Spoon into four 6-oz. bowls coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Invert onto salad plates. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 30 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Reviews for Asian Veggie Gelatin
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC